Gumbo with rice, celery, tomatoes, okra and a dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 oz. Butter
- 1 1/2 Gallon of Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Onions, Diced
- 12 oz. Chicken, Steak or Seafood, Diced
- 2 Cup Okra, cut
- 1 1/2 tsp. White Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Gumbo File
- 2 oz. Flour
- 1 Cup Celery, Diced
- 8 Cups Rice, Cooked
- 2 Cups Tomatoes, Diced
- To Taste Salt
- 2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 4 oz. Roux (2 oz. Flour & 2 oz. Butter)
- Melt butter in a saucepan; add flour to make a roux (mix butter and flour).
- Cook for about 15 minutes, stir constantly, add the onion and celery. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and make sure the roux is dissolved completely. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and return to a simmer. Adjust salt to taste at the end.
- If you are adding seafood, add it at the very end and make sure it is completely cooked.
- Mix well and serve.