Scalloped potatoes with a chicken base and fresh thyme
- 1 ea Brown Onion Julienne
- 1 T Butter
- 3 lbs Peeled and Thin Sliced Potatoes
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 T Salt
- 1/8 T Fresh Ground White Pepper
- 1/4 T Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 2 T Garlic Finely Chopped
- 1/8 cup Jalapeno Pepper (canned)
- 1/8 tsp Chicken Base (chicken bouillon cubes)
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Saute onions with butter until caramelized.
- Mix sliced potatoes, and caramelized onions and put in a buttered baking dish.
- Mix cream, garlic, salt, white pepper, jalapenos, chicken base and thyme leaves and blend until smooth.
- Pour blended mixture over potatoes and onions, mix and cover.
- Bake for 2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.