Creme brulee with a butterscotch custard
- 5 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 3/4 cups Butterscotch Sauce
- 1/2 cup Butterscotch Flavored Schnapps
- 4 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 1/3 cups Egg Yolks
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Combine egg yolks and heavy cream.
- Add butterscotch sauce and schnapps, stir well.
- Let set for at least 5 minutes.
- Skim the foam from the top.
- Fill custard cups with creme brulee mix.
- Bake at 300 F in water bath covering 1/3 of the custard cups.
- Cover with a baking sheet.
- Baking time will vary depending on depth of cups.
- When creme brulees are done, they will jiggle like set gelatin.
- Minimum baking time of 30 minutes.
- Mix equal parts brown sugar and white sugar together and set aside.
- To serve, cover top of each creme brulee with a thin layer of brown and white sugar.
- Carmelize under the broiler until sugar just melts and begins to darken.