A thick soup of vine-ripened plum tomatoes and a dose of cream for sweetness.
- 4 cans Plum Tomatoes-16 ounces
- 8 ounces Diced Celery
- 8 ounces. Diced Onions
- 8 ounces Diced Carrots
- 1 quart Heated Heavy Cream
- 2 ounces Chopped Fresh Basil
- To taste Salt and White Pepper
- 6 ounces Tomato Paste
- Drain liquid from tomatoes and set aside
- Place Plum Tomatoes on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes on 350°F
- Saute onions, celery and carrots in stockpot and cook until translucent.
- Add roasted tomatoes, juice and tomato paste.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Puree mixture.
- Add warm cream.
- Finish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add fresh chopped basil at the end.