Candied strawberries on a bamboo skewer
- 16 strawberries, washed, stems removed, patted dry
- 16 6-inch bamboo skewers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Line a sheet pan with wax paper and set aside.
- Thread strawberries, 1 each, on skewers.
- Dissolve sugar in water in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring well. Don’t stir while mixture cooks to 315° F, about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in sesame seeds, mixing well. Remove from heat
- Quickly dip strawberries, rolling to cover; let excess drip off berry.
- Place on wax paper.
- Serve when completely cooled.