Teriyaki Chicken Sliders with Dole Pineapple Jam
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dole pineapple juice
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 Hawaiian slider rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 (8-ounce) can Dole pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped Fresno chile
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped jalapeño pepper
- Combine teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice in a small bowl.
- Pour over chicken thighs, cover and refrigerate for 1-8 hours.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to 350°F.
- Drain marinade from chicken and grill 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
- Cut Hawaiian rolls in half and brush with butter.
- Place on grill for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with pineapple jam.
- While chicken marinates, heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add sugar, vinegar and pineapple to saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until thick.
- Stir in chopped Fresno chiles and jalapeños.
- Set aside until ready to serve.