A cornbread stuffing combined with apples, apple cider, chicken stock and chopped onions and celery.
- 2 apples, small diced
- 1 16-ounce package cornbread stuffing mix, any commercial brand
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 cup turkey or chicken stock
- 1 cup small diced celery
- 1 large onion, small diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Wash, clean and small dice the onion and celery into 1 bowl. Wash, peel and small dice the apples and set aside.
- Heat the turkey or chicken stock, apple cider and the seasoning package, bring it up to a slow simmer.
- In a sauté pan, heat up the butter until hot. Add celery, onions, apples and sage. Sauté until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix and sautéed vegetables. Then pour the hot liquid over the stuffing mix and blend well.
- Pour into a casserole dish for serving.