Pecan Maple Bark
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple sugar
- Combine pecans and sea salt in a medium pan.
- Toast over medium heat, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes, until brown and fragrant. Cut into small pieces and set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add sugar and water, stirring continuously until temperature reaches 295 degrees F.
- Immediately pour into a baking sheet lined with silicone baking mat and spread into a 9x13 inch rectangle. Cool for at least 3 hours.
- Melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips in a small bowl and spread over one side of the cooled bark.
- Immediately sprinkle half of the chopped pecans and maple sugar over the chocolate. Cool for 2 hours until chocolate is set.
- Melt remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Turn bark over and spread chocolate on the other half of the bark.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans and maple sugar. Cool 2 hours until chocolate is set.
- Break into 24 pieces. Store in an air-tight container for up to 7 days.