Mixed greens, Maytag blue cheese, fresh fruit, red onions, and smoked almonds with a citrus vinaigrette.
- 3 unpeeled Asian pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 9 cups (1-pound bag) spring mix or gourmet lettuce mix
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup smoked almonds, chopped into large pieces
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, gently toss pears, salad greens, cheese, onions and nuts.
- Mix orange juice, rice vinegar and sugar. Whisk in oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour liquid over salad, toss and serve.