- 1 1/2 cups of butter
- 1 13 oz (one 12 oz can, plus 2 tablespoons) of evaporated milk
- 1 pound of brown sugar
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 pound of confectionery sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine butter with milk and brown sugar in a 6 qt saucepan, heat over medium heat.
- Add granulated sugar and salt and bring to a boil until it reaches the soft ball stage.
- Take off the heat and let it cool in the pot for 20 minutes.
- Beat in confectionery sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until thick.
- Use some butter spray to butter pan, use a 9 inch pan, and smear it all in.
- Put in fridge to cool at least 1-3 hrs