Strawberry Santa hats with a Mickey Mouse twist
- Large, fresh strawberries
- White chocolate
- Vanilla wafer cookies
- Small chocolate disks or chocolate mints
- Wash the strawberries with cool water, and carefully remove the hulls. Pat the fruit dry with a paper towel.
- Melt some white chocolate in the microwave or on the stovetop, following the directions on the package.
- Working with one wafer cookie at a time, dip the surface in the melted candy so that it is generously coated. If needed, dip it twice.
- Place the dipped cookie on wax paper (coated-side up), and immediately set a strawberry (hulled side down) on top. Quickly, but gently, push two small chocolate disks against the base of the berry for ears, holding them in place for a few seconds to make sure they stick. If they don't hold, use a little more melted candy to attach them.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make as many more hats as you want, reserving some of the melted white chocolate for the pom-pom tops. When you're ready to add the pom-poms, let the melted white chocolate cool slightly so that it will thicken a bit. Then spoon a small blob onto each strawberry tip.
- Add a little texture to the hat trim by using a fork to gently "scramble" what's left of the partially cooled white chocolate .
- Gently press some of the white chocolate flakes onto the candy hat brims while they are still warm so they will stick in place. Once the candy is completely set, arrange the finished hats on a plate to serve.