Berry Cobbler Recipe
Magical Recipes Tip - When choosing seasonal berries, don't pick poisonous ones.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tbsp. salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups blueberries or other seasonal berries
- 8 tbsp. brown sugar
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Break the butter apart into small pieces and mix it in.
- Add the eggs and stir until just absorbed.
- Add the heavy cream and mix just enough to incorporate (batter should be lumpy).
- Divide the dough into four pieces.
- In four 6-inch cake pans lined with parchment paper, place the pieces of dough, spread evenly along bottom of the pans.
- Spread the blueberries on top of each piece.
- Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Dot each with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bake in a preheated 350º F oven for 15 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and dry and the cobblers are lightly browned.
- Cool to room temperature, add fresh berries (if desired) and serve with a dollop of chilled whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.