Top 5 Viewed Disney Recipes
Milky Way Cake Recipe
Magical Recipes Tip - Be sure not to leave the Milky Way bars out in open view when making this recipe. They may mysteriously disappear on you.
- 6 regular-size Milky Way bars
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter (or margarine)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- For the glaze-
- 1 bar German sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Over low heat, melt Milky Way bars and 1 stick butter.
- Set aside.
- Cream other stick of butter with sugar and eggs; mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, buttermilk and vanilla; stir well.
- Add Milky Way mixture and beat with mixer until batter is all one color.
- Pour into greased and floured Bundt-style pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the glaze- In small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter with water.
- Combine sugar and salt and gradually stir in chocolate mixture.
- Add vanilla and spread on cake.