Cinnamon Yummies Recipe
Magical Recipes Tip - If the recipe doesn't turn out as expected you can always run out to Cinnabon and buy some buns and put them in a pan for your guests.
Ingredients - Sweet Dough
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6-1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package dry active yeast (1/4 oz.)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
Ingredients - Pan Smear
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
Ingredients - Filling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions - Sweet Dough
- When the dough is ready, roll it out into a rectangle about 6 by 12 inches and ½ thick.
- Brush the dough with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Starting with the short end, roll the dough into a log shape, keeping it tight.
- Seal the edge by pinching the dough together.
- Slice the roll into four pieces and place them in the pan on top of the smear.
- Cover with plastic and let rise until doubled, about 1½ to 2 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a deep golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then invert onto a large plate and serve immediately.
Directions - Pan Smear
- While the sweet dough rests, prepare the pan smear.
- Cream together butter, sugar, cinnamon, and flour in a medium bowl.
- Add the corn syrup and mix well until blended.
- Spread into bottom of a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Set aside.
Directions - Filling
- Place the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and stir with a fork until well mixed.
- Set aside.