Ginger Carrot Soup Recipe
- 1 pound carrots, chunky cut
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ounces American cheese, sliced or shredded
- ½ ounce ground ginger (fresh ONLY)
- 2 ounces sugar, adjust as needed
- Roux (2 ounces butter and 2 ounces flour)
- To make a roux, melt the butter in a small sauce pot, slowly add the flour to make a paste.
- Cook until incorporated.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In pot, cook carrots in water, sugar, and ginger.
- Let simmer until carrots are soft.
- Using a beurre mixer, puree until smooth.
- Add heavy cream, milk, and roux.
- Cook until soup is hot and slightly thick.
- Add American cheese and let simmer until cheese melts.
- Adjust seasoning.
blog comments powered by