Top 5 Viewed Disney Recipes
Pepper Pot Pork Recipe
Ingredients - Sauce
- 1 cup Canned or fresh Beef Stock
- 1 cup Canned or fresh Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 julienne cut Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 julienne cut Yellow Onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger, ground
Ingredients - Pork Loin
- 2 1/2 lb. Pork Loin, shoulder end
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
Directions - Sauce
- In medium saucepan, heat beef stock, chicken stock, ginger, soy sauce and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat to a simmer.
- Mix cornstarch with a small amount of cold water until it is dissolved.
- Add to the stock mixture slowly while stirring with a wire whip.
- The sauce should thicken as you add the cornstarch.
- Add a little at a time, until the sauce is a medium thick consistency.
- Add the peppers and onions, reduce heat and cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender, but not soft.
Directions - Pork
- In a large sealable plastic bag, place the soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place the pork into the bag with the seasonings, close the bag and roll it around to evenly coat the pork loin.
- Marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the pork from the marinade, place in a roasting pan, and cook at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes (minimum of 145 degrees internal temperature).
- Remove the pork from the oven, and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the pork with a sharp knife into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Arrange on a serving platter.
Recommended Wine PairingWhite Wines - Pinot Grigio, Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Chenin Blanc
Blush/Rose Wines - White Zinfandel, Rose: Dry
Red Wines - Pinot Noir, Beaujolais