Mickey Mousse Dome Recipe
Chocolate mousse atop an Oreo cookie complete in the shape of your favorite character
Served at: Chef Mickeys
in Contemporary Resort
at Disney World
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package of gelatin, bloomed
- 7 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped
- Two Chocolate Coins and Oreo Cookies (for garnish)
- Heat 3/4 cup cream in a 1-quart heavy saucepan until hot.
- Whisk together yolks, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a metal bowl until combined well, then add hot cream and gelatin in a slow stream, whisking until combined.
- Transfer mixture to saucepan and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until it registers 160°F on thermometer.
- Pour custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and stir in vanilla.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water (or in a glass bowl in a microwave at 50 percent power 3 to 5 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Whisk custard into chocolate until smooth, then cool.
- Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks.
- Whisk one fourth of cream into chocolate custard to lighten, then fold in remaining cream gently but thoroughly.
- Spoon mousse into small cups and let set then at the Oreo cookie.
- Once completely set demold and add the two chocolate coins to the top.
blog comments powered by