Puffed French Toast Recipe
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 each eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 slices bread
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar with cinnamon and set aside.
- Mix egg, 2 1/2 tablespoons of sugar, salt, vanilla and milk until well blended.
- Slowly add flour and baking powder and mix until smooth.
- Cut bread diagonally into triangles.
- Dip bread triangles in batter, allowing excess to drip off.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper towel.
- While toast is still warm, roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture.
blog comments powered by