Top 5 Viewed Disney Recipes
Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
Ingredients - Cake
- 8 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate squares, chopped, or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 sticks of butter
- 5 egg yokes
- 4 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
Ingredients - Ganache
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Bailey's Irish cream
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
Directions - Cake
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly butter sides of 6 individual (3/4 cup) ramekins.
- Lightly coat with sugar, shake out excess.
- Melt chocolate and butter in top of double boiler set over simmering water.
- Stir until smooth. Remove from over water and cool 10 minutes
- Beat egg yolks and whole eggs together in a large bowl; add sugar and beat until thick and light, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate mixture.
- Sift flour, then fold into batter, mixing until smooth.
- Divide batter among prepared cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake about 35 to 40 minutes or until sides of cake are set and middle is still soft.
- Do not overbake.
- Using a small knife, cut around sides of cake to loosen.
- Invert onto plates and drizzle with ganache.
Directions - Ganache
- Stir together cream and Bailey's in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Just before boiling point, remove from heat and stir in milk chocolate.
Note : You can also use muffin tins; recipe makes 12. Bake for 15 minutes until set and middle is still soft.