Top 5 Viewed Disney Recipes
Chocolate Crusted Key Lime Pie Recipe
Magical Recipes Factoid - Did you know that long, long ago key limes were grown in Southern Asia? They eventually made their way to Spain and then thanks to Christopher Columbus, they made their way to America. Today, most Key Limes are grown in the Florida Keys, in Mexico, and South America.
Ingredients - Crust
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces raw rice for baking pie shell
Ingredients - Filling
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 4 each egg yolks
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
Directions - Crust
- Mix sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add egg and mix.
- Sift cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour (except rice).
- Add to mix.
- When all is combined, place between parchment paper.
- Flatten slightly and chill 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness and place in pie pan or tart pan.
- Cut circle of parchment large enough to cover bottom and sides of dough.
- Place paper on dough.
- Place rice on paper.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove parchment and rice, Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
Directions - Filling
- For filling, combine milk and yolks on low speed. Slowly add key lime juice while mixing on low until blended.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Chill until cold, preferably overnight.
Ingredients - Garnish
- Fresh sweetened whipped cream