Cajun Meatloaf Recipe
Magical Recipes Factoid - Did you know that Meatloaf the singer's first name is Marvin?
Yield:Several fairly large loaves
- 9 lbs. ground beef
- 3 lbs. ground pork
- 12 eggs beaten
- 6 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 3 cups ketchup
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 tbsp. crystal hot sauce
- 3 oz. Worchester sauce
- 12 oz. unsalted butter
- 6 oz. green onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 lbs. onions (1/4" chopped)
- 20 oz. celery (1/4" chopped)
- 20 oz. bell peppers (1/4" chopped)
- 4 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cayenne
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Saute all vegetables in the melted butter at medium heat until tender.
- Stir in cream and ketchup.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients in Hobart (stand mixer) with paddle for 10 minutes at speed two.
- Divide into 4 inch pans lined with parchment paper, 5 lb. 12 oz. per pan, 1/3 inch high.
- Cook at 325 degrees for two hours, internal temperature at 160 degrees.
- Let set at room temperature for approximately 10 minutes then drain grease.
- Let stand longer approximately two hours and then drain remaining grease.