- 2 lbs. shrimp (16 to 20) peeled, deveined, tail on
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 6 cups tempura flour (6 cups flour, 1/2 tsp each pepper, salt, baking powder)
- 6 oz. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parlsey
- Chipotle marinara sauce
- Sauteed spinach
- Cheddar cheese grits
Directions - Shrimp
- Season shrimp with salt.
- Coat with buttermilk.
- Dredge in flour.
- Deep fry at 375 F until golden. Remove from fryer; drain.
Directions - Marinara Sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in pot.
- Saute 2 tablespoons diced yellow onions, 1 tablespoon minced garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add 28 ounces diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle peppers (canned).
- Stir and bring to simmer. Simmer 45 minutes on low to medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Puree until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped parsley. Keep warm until needed.
Directions - Cheddar Cheese Grits
- In pot, bring 1 quart water, 2 1/2 cups milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt to boil.
- Whisk in 1 1/2 cups quick grits.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Top with 4 ounces each shredded American and cheddar cheeses and 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Keep warm until needed.
Directions - Sauteed Spinach
- Saute 1 pound fresh spinach in 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, turning with tongs until wilted.
- Season with coarse salt.
blog comments powered by