Kilauea Torte Recipe
Magical Recipes Factoid - Did you know that Kilauea is one of largest active craters in the world, has a circumference of 8 mi (13 km) and is surrounded by a wall of volcanic rock 200 to 500 ft (61—152 m) high? That's today's science lesson.
Ingredients - Ganache
- 1 cup melted chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
Ingredients - Cookie Dough
- 1 cup butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sifted cocoa poweder
- 1 1/5 cups all purpose flour
Ingredients - Peanut Butter Cream
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
Directions - Ganache
- Scald the cream in a saucepan, pour over melted chips, stir till thoroughly mixed and set aside to cool.
Directions - Cookie Dough
- In an electric mixer cream butter and sugar till smooth.
- Add vanilla and salt and mix well.
- Combine cocoa and flour and add to butter.
- Mix until just well blended. Mixture will be slightly dry.
- Form into 6 medium and 6 small balls using all of the dough.
- Place med. balls into buttered muffin tins dusted with cocoa powder.
- Press dough evenly to the sides of and bottom of tin.
- Flatten small balls into circles large enough to cover the tops of the tortes.
- Set aside.
Directions - Peanut Butter Cream
- Combine ingredients and mix well.
Directions - Assembly
- Place one tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture into bottom of the prepared large muffin tins.
- Pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup ganach over peanut butter in tins, filling almost to the top of the dough.
- Cover the tops with dough circles and press firmly to seal.
- Chill for 30 minutes then place in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely before removing from tins.
- To serve, heat tortes in a 200 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove, place on plate and top with whipped cream.