Top 5 Viewed Disney Recipes
Kona Chowder Recipe
Magical Recipes Factoid - This recipe calls for a little bit of sherry. Did you know that sherry is a fortified wine made from white grapes that are grown near the town of Jerez (Jerez de la Frontera), Spain? It is regarded by many wine writers as "underappreciated" and a "neglected wine treasure".
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 Spanish onion, diced small
- 1/2 cup Carrots, diced small
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced small
- 1 oz. Garlic, minced fine
- 1/3 cup Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Sherry (take the remaining Sherry and pour yourself a few glasses while you make this recipe; you deserve it)
- 1 Tbsp. Curry paste
- 4 2/3 cups Water, hot
- 1 oz. Lobster base
- 1 1/2 lbs. Fish (any white fish i.e., grouper, mahi, snapper, etc) cut in 1" pieces
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 3/4 cups Heavy cream
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 3/4 stick Butter
- 3 cups Salad shrimp (small)
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, melt 1 stick butter.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paster and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sherry and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in curry paste until well incorporated (use the back of a spoon for spatula until no lumps of curry are left).
- Add lobster base and hot water.
- Add fish and gently poach.
- Turn heat to low, add milk and heavy cream and let come to a simmer.
- Over low heat, melt remaining butter. Add flour, stir well, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Take of the hot liquid from the chowder and mix it in with the butter and flour mixture until well combined.
- Add this mixture back into the chowder.
- Add shrimp and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until thickened.