Brownie Paw Recipe
Ingredients - Brownies
- 9 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 lb. butter
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup cake flour
Ingredients - Frosting
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz. white chocolate
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl set over a pot of hot water on the stove.
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a whip, place the eggs, vanilla extract and sugar, and mix at medium speed.
- Continue whipping for about 3 minutes until light in color.
- Change the machine attachment to a paddle.
- Once the chocolate and butter have melted, add them to the whipped eggs.
- Add the flour until well combined but do not overmix.
- Pour the batter on a 12x16-inch baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in 350º F oven for 30-35 minutes. (This can be done a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator.)
- To make the frosting, chop the white and semisweet chocolate into 1/2-inch pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small pot.
- Once it is very hot, pour into the chocolate pieces to melt them.
- Stir constantly until all pieces are dissolved and cool to room temperature.
- Ladle the frosting on the surface of the brownies and smooth evenly with an icing spatula.
- Place the brownies into the refrigerator to set the frosting.
- Once the frosting is set, cut brownies into 3x3-inch squares and separate them.
- Place the paw-print stencil (you'll have to make this yourself) on each brownie.
- Place the cocoa powder into a sifter and dust the center of each brownie with the cocoa to create the paw-print design.
blog comments powered by