Raspberry Sorbet Recipe
Magical Recipes Factoid - Did you know that sorbet originated before 1000 A.C.? Back then it was a mix between ice and fruits, however records indicate that the first reference to sorbet came from the Ancient Romans. Quinto Fabio Massimo was reportedly the first who mixed chopped ice, honey and fruit juice.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 egg white, optional
- To make the raspberry sorbet, puree raspberries and strain through a sieve.
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and stir over gentle heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Turn heat up, and boil for 5 minutes until liquid forms a syrup.
- Once the syrup has cooled, add the puree and the juice of one lemon.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker for 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, place mixture in a bowl and put in freezer.
- When edges begin to freeze, whisk an egg white, and fold into the partially frozen mixture.
- Return to freezer until frozen.