Top 5 Viewed Disney Recipes
Salad Recipe - African House Salad
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup julienne carrots
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/8 cup julienne fennel
- 1/4 cup julienne sweet potato
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- Grilled chicken strips to taste (optional)
- Ginger-soy dressing
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- In a medium-size bowl, combine lettuce, carrots, bell peppers, fennel, sweet potatoes, red onions and lentils.
- In another bowl, combine, ground ginger, garlic, coriander, sugar, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.
- Whisk until well blended.
- While constantly whisking, add oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Ladle some of the dressing over the vegetables and lentils.
- Add chicken, if desired.
- Toss ingredients with tongs and divide among serving plates.
- Add additional dressing to taste.
blog comments powered by