Top 5 Viewed Disney Recipes
Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe
Ingredients - Chicken
- 10 to 12 ounces chicken breasts, cut into cubes
Ingredients - Marinade
- 1 tsp chicken base (not bouillon; base is a pastelike mixture available in gourmet or larger supermarkets)
- Dash of white pepper
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- ½ tsp cooking wine
- ½ tsp sesame oil
Ingredients - Garnish
- Toasted white sesame seeds
- Chopped green onions
Ingredients - Batter
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 heaping tsp baking powder
- ½ of a beaten egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2/3 cup water
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients - Honey Sauce
- 1/8 cup, plus 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Combine marinade ingredients and let cubed chicken soak in liquid for 30 minutes.
- Combine batter ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil for frying, about 320º F.
- Using tongs, dip marinated chicken into batter and deep fry.
- Heat honey sauce in a large wok.
- Turn off heat.
- Add chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Place chicken in green onions and sesame seeds.
Recommended Wine PairingWhite Wines - Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Chenin Blanc, Viognier
Blush/Rose Wines - White Zinfandel, Rose: Dry
Red Wines - Pinot Noir, Beaujolais