Marinated Shrimp Recipe
Ingredients - Marinade
- ½ cup hot chili garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- ½ cup Minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup Sweet chili garlic paste
- 2 cups Honey
- 2 cups Lemon juice
- 1 quart Canola oil
- 1 tsp. Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
Ingredients - Shrimp
- 5 lbs. peeled and de-veined shrimp 16-20 count
- All but 1-cup shrimp marinade
Directions - Marinade
- Mix all ingredients well except for oil
- Whisk briskly while slowly adding the oil
- Take out 1 cup of this to baste the shrimp while they are cooking
- Use the rest to marinate the shrimp
Directions - Shrimp
- After shrimp have marinated for two days, take them out of the marinade.
- If you can find some kabob skewers use them to skewer the shrimp. If not use bamboo sticks or just grill them loose.
- As you are grilling baste them occasionally with the marinade you saved.
- When they reach an internal temperature of 145ºF, remove and serve.
Recommended Wine PairingWhite Wines - Pinot Grigio, Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Chenin Blanc
Blush/Rose Wines - White Zinfandel