Walts Favorite Chocolate Soda Recipe
Magical Recipes Factoid - Did you know that Walt Disney is said to have had a giant sweet tooth especially for ice cream sodas and candy bars? He even had a soda fountain in his club room at home, complete with all the extras and attachments. He would make ice cream sodas and the biggest banana splits anyone ever saw. His favorite: the chocolate soda. Back in 2000, several Disney chefs were asked to come up with recipes for Walt’s favorite desserts. Unveiled at the celebration, which was held in honor of what would have been Walt’s 100th birthday, was this recipe for chocolate soda that Walt enjoyed so much. Chef Wendt Welcovitz of The Plaza Restaurant came up with the recipe.
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 6 ounces soda or seltzer water
- Maraschino cherry
- Pour chocolate syrup in the bottom of an 8-ounce milk shake glass.
- Smoosh in 1 scoop of ice cream.
- Slowly pour in soda water almost to top of glass.
- Perch another scoop of ice cream on top.
- Add a cherry and a colorful straw or two.