Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 2 chickens, split into 4 halves
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 tblsp. Ginger
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. White pepper
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- pinch saffron
- 3 picked lemons, sliced (may use fresh)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ gallon water
- ½ cup green olives, with or without pits
- In medium stockpot, sauté onions in olive oil.
- Add chickens and all other ingredients except water.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add water and boil for 1 hour.
- Remove chickens, place on baking sheet and brown in oven.
- Boil sauce until it is reduced to a heavy sauce. Be careful not to scorch.
- To serve, place chicken in tangine (serving dish with cover), garnish with pickled lemon slices, and cover with sauce.
Recommended Wine PairingWhite Wines - Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Chenin Blanc, Viognier
Blush/Rose Wines - White Zinfandel, Rose: Dry
Red Wines - Pinot Noir, Beaujolais