Sticky Toffee Pudding Recipe
Ingredients - Custard Sauce
- 8 egg yolks
- 3 oz. castor sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- ½ pint milk
- ½ pint heavy cream
Ingredients - Butter Rum Toffee Sauce
- 1 oz. butter
- 4 oz. heavy cream
- 3 oz. dark brown sugar
- 1/2 oz. dark rum
Ingredients - Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 12 oz. dates, chopped and blanched
- 8 oz. hot water
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 lbs. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- 12 oz. sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Directions - Custard Sauce
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl until well blended.
- Scrape the insides of the vanilla pod, if using, into the milk and cream, add the pod too, and bring to the boil.
- Sit the bowl over a pan of hot water and whisk the cream into the egg yolks and sugar. As the egg yolks cook, the custard will thicken.
- Keep stirring until it starts to coat the back of a spoon, then remove the bowl from the heat and the pod from the custard.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Stir the sauce occasionally until cool, to prevent a skin forming, or cover with greaseproof paper while it cools.
Directions - Butter Rum Toffee Sauce
- Combine butter, sugar, and cream; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add rum.
- Stir until all is incorporated. Serve hot
Directions - Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Chop dates and add to hot water.
- Stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time.
- On low speed add half flour and baking powder and all of the liquid; mix until combined.
- Fold in rest of flour to mixture.
- Fill greased molds halfway and bake 15 minutes at 325 degrees F.
blog comments powered by