Guiness Stew Recipe
Beef stew recipe made with beef, garlic, stock, Irish Guinness beer, carrots, and onions.
Course: Main Dish
Served at: Rose and Crown Pub
at Disney World
- 2 pounds sirloin cubes
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1 each dry bay leaf
- 8 ounces diced onions
- 4 ounces diced carrots
- ½ ounce chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 8 ounces Guinness stout
- 1 quart beef broth
- Sear sirloin cubes in a large stock pot in a small amount of olive oil, add the bay leaf.
- Once the meat has a good sear on it (browned), add the onions and carrots.
- Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, thyme, rosemary, and chili flakes.
- Cook for one minute and add the Guinness.
- Allow the Guinness to simmer for five minutes, then add the beef broth.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Liquid should reduce by at least 1/3.
- Season with salt and pepper to your personal taste.
Recommended Wine Pairing
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz, Zinfandel, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Chianti, Beaujolais, Malbec, Petit Sirah
blog comments powered by