- 2 Quarts Clam Juice
- 1 Quart V-8
- ½ Cup Dry Vermouth
- 2 Shallots (peeled & sliced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- ½ pound Fish Scraps
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Plum Tomato ¼” dice
- 1 Cup Leeks (washed, ¼” dice)
- 1 Cup Carrots (peeled, ¼' dice)
- 5 Black Peppercorns
- 20 Middle Neck Clams (washed 3 times)
- 20 Mussels (washed and cleaned)
- ½ pound Shrimp (31/35 p/d tail off)
- ½ pound Bay Scallops
- ½ pound Calamari Rings, ½” width
- ½ pound Striped Bass (no skin, 1” dice)
- Salt to Taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- 1 Handful Micro Chives (medium sticks)
- Sweat the vegetables being sure not to produce any color.
- Add the fish scraps except the diced bass.
- Add the vermouth, deglaze & reduce au sec.
- Add the clam juice and reduce by half.
- Add the diced tomato, tomato paste, and V-8.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Lightly simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain through a chinois.
- Place broth back into a pot.
- Add the clams first and allow to lightly simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, mussels, scallops, and calamari.
- Lightly simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add the diced bass last.
- Reduce the heat and allow the bass to poach in the liquid.
- Season with salt & pepper and finish with the chives.
blog comments powered by