A pastry made from deep-fried dough, much like a doughnut, and sprinkled with confectioner's sugar, or frostings.
- 1 pack dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 7 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup soft shortening oil, for frying
- Confectioner's sugar
- In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water, stir to dissolve.
- Add sugar, salt, eggs, and milk.
- Blend with rotary beater.
- Add the flour.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Roll out on floured board to 1/8" thickness.
- Cut into 2 1/2" squares.
- Deep fry at 360 degrees 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle heavily with confectioner's sugar.
- Dough keeps well in refrigerator for several days.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and punch down occasionally.