A pastry made from deep-fried dough, much like a doughnut, and sprinkled with confectioner's sugar, or frostings.
- 1 pack dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 7 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup soft shortening oil, for frying
- Confectioner's sugar
- In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water, stir to dissolve.
- Add sugar, salt, eggs, and milk.
- Blend with rotary beater.
- Add the flour.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Roll out on floured board to 1/8" thickness.
- Cut into 2 1/2" squares.
- Deep fry at 360 degrees 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle heavily with confectioner's sugar.
- Dough keeps well in refrigerator for several days.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and punch down occasionally.
You’ll be using eggs for this recipe so things may get a little messy. Fear not. Help is on its way! Check out this amazing egg separator! This separator catches runaway pieces of shell and prevents drips from running down the outside of the bowl onto your counter or table. This ‘eggsellent’ tool can also separate egg whites from yolks in one easy step! Who would’ve thought such a simple yet effective gadget existed? A number 1 best seller in its category as well!