Sweet and Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich
* This is not an official Disney recipe but rather a very close replication.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 cups of Carbons Golden Malted Flour (official waffle flour of Walt Disney World)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tbsp Siraccha
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 8 Chicken Tenders
- 1 bag cole slaw mix
- 1/2 cup cole slaw dressing
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby arugula leaves
- Heat up your waffle maker.
- Beat the eggs and water together.
- Add the Carbon's Golden Malted Flour and mix the ingredients well together.
- Stir in the melted butter and mix it well again.
- Pour it onto waffle maker and remove it when it is golden brownish.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter, siraccha, orange juice and syrup over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted and the glaze has warmed through, remove from heat.
- Using a large bowl, toss the cooked chicken tenders with the glaze and set aside.
- Toss the cole slaw mix and dressing together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Stack the ingredients as such: waffle, 2 chicken tenders, cole slaw, arugula.