Cavatelli pasta, sweet sausage ragu, tomatoes, pecorino romano
- 16 ounces cavatelli pasta
- 20 ounces homemade marinara sauce or your favorite jar sauce if you so choose
- 1-ounce grated Romano
- 1-ounce butter
- 1/3-ounce fresh basil leaves
- Sweet or mild Italian sausage bulk
- Cook pasta until al dente in a pot of boiling, salted water.
- Heat the marinara sauce in a large saucepan.
- Reserve about 1 1/2 cups of the sauce.
- Set aside.
- Cook the sausage over medium heat, stirring until sausage is broken up and fully cooked.
- Add the cooked pasta, butter and sauce toss well.
- Add cavetelli pasta. Top with grated romano and garnish with fresh basil.