How To Make A Dole Whip Like Disney In Your Own Home!
If you really want a more authentic dole whip recipe like the ones served at Disney you can always do the following: Step 1: Buy the Dole® Soft Serve premade mix like Disney uses. Step 2: Buy a soft serve ice cream machine. This Cuisinart ICE-45 Mix It In Soft Serve 1-1/2-Quart Ice-Cream Maker is a good choice. It is a fully automatic soft-serve ice-cream maker with a double-insulated freezer bowl. It produces 1-1/2 quarts of ice-cream in just 20 minutes; no chemicals, salt, or ice required. Also the handle makes ice cream swirl out like with an authentic soft-serve machine. Step 3: Make the soft serve treat. One bag of this mixture makes about 2 gallons of Dole Whip. That’s obviously a lot to consume in any one sitting. So you’ll want to scale it down for your soft serve ice cream machine. The proportions to make 1 quart would be 2 cups of water and 1 3/4 cups of the dry mix. Fill a bowl with the cold water then add the appropriate amount of Dole® Soft Serve mix while stirring with a wire whisk until mix is completely dissolved (about 2 minutes). Pour the mixture into your soft serve machine. If you make 1 quart at a time you will have enough mix in one bag to make these 8 times. The case comes with 4 bags so that’s a whopping 32 1 quart servings!
Go On a Crawl
If you’re familiar with a pub crawl you know that the general premise is taking a tour of several pubs or bars and having one or more drinks at each. I’ve taken that concept to the Dole Whip and created a Disney World Dole Whip Crawl for those interested. Sample the different variations of the soft serve treat throughout Disney World on this crawl. Whether it be the traditional whip in a bowl or one with a little alcoholic kick to it, you’ll come away a connoisseur of one of the most revered Disney treats. Each one on the list is slightly different so you can crawl your way around the world comparing and contrasting them from each place. Just don’t drink too many of the alcoholic variety or you may actually be crawling to get to the next one.
Where They Can Be Found
- Aloha Isle - Located in Adventureland in Magic Kingdom you can get yourself a soft serve in pineapple, vanilla, orange or swirl ice cream or get a Pineapple Float which is your Pineapple Dole Whip combined with pineapple juice.
- Pineapple Lanai – A window in the courtyard of the Polynesian Village Resort would be the new place to satisfy your cravings as the self-service machines at Captain Cook’s have been removed. The options include soft serve, a swirl, or a float. All can be served in a souvenir Tiki Bowl or Sipper. Also of note is that this is not a self-service location like Captain Cook’s so no more filling up your dish sky high with Dole Whip and going back for more 24 hours a day.
- Tiki Juice Bar - Located in Disneyland, not only can you get a whip or a Pineapple Float but you can also get a Dole Fruit Bowl or just plain ole’ Dole Pineapple Juice.
- Tamu Tamu – Located in Disney World’s Animal Kingdom, this location serves the classic pineapple Dole Whip: no swirls and no floats. On the plus side if you’re an adult you can get a shot of dark rum or coconut rum in it!
- Dole Plantation - If you happen to be in Hawaii for your next trip, stop by the The Dole Plantation for a Dole® Soft Serve. Just another excuse to visit Hawaii.