How To Make A Dole Whip Like Disney In Your Own Home!
If you really want a more authentic Dole Whip like the ones served at Disney you can always do the following:
Step 1: Buy the premade Dole Whip Mix like Disney uses. For those curious about the ingredients, they are as follows: Sugar, Dextrose, Coconut Oil, Stabilizers (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Karaya Gum, Pectin), Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavor (contains Pineapple Juice), Modified Food Starch, Malic Acid, Beta Carotene (Color), Mono & Diglycerides, Less Than 2% Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking).
Step 2: Buy a soft serve ice cream machine. This Cuisinart ICE-45 Mix It In Soft Serve 1-1/2-Quart Ice-Cream Maker is a good choice. It is a fully automatic soft-serve ice-cream maker with a double-insulated freezer bowl. It produces 1-1/2 quarts of ice-cream in just 20 minutes; no chemicals, salt, or ice required. Also the handle makes ice cream swirl out like with an authentic soft-serve machine.
Step 3: Make the dole whip. One bag of this mixture makes about 2 gallons of Dole Whip. That’s obviously a lot of Dole Whip to consume in any one sitting. So you’ll want to scale it down for your soft serve ice cream machine. The proportions to make 1 quart would be 2 cups of water and 1 3/4 cups of the Dole Whip dry mix. Fill a bowl with the cold water then add the appropriate amount of Dole® Soft Serve mix while stirring with a wire whisk until mix is completely dissolved (about 2 minutes). Pour the mixture into your soft serve machine. If you make 1 quart at a time you will have enough mix in one bag to make these 8 times. The case comes with 4 bags so that’s a whopping 32 1 quart Dole Whips!
This treat can be purchased alone or as a ‘float’ with pineapple juice. It’s so popular that the lines to get one are often longer than the lines at some attractions. On average, 1.3 million Dole Whips are purchased per year at Disney Parks and Resorts. At Disneyland alone, 600,000 Dole Whips are purchased a year! Dole Whip’s fruit flavors are vegan and has always been gluten free.
Where They Can Be Found
- Aloha Isle - Located in Adventureland in Magic Kingdom you can get yourself a Dole Whip soft serve in pineapple, vanilla, orange or swirl ice cream or get a Pineapple Float which is your Pineapple Dole Whip combined with pineapple juice.
- Pineapple Lanai – A window in the courtyard of the Polynesian Village Resort would be the new place to satisfy your Dole Whip cravings as the self-service Dole Whip machines at Captain Cook’s have been removed. The Dole Whip options include soft serve, a swirl, or a float. All can be served in a souvenir Tiki Bowl or Sipper. Also of note is that this is not a self-service location like Captain Cook’s so no more filling up your dish sky high with Dole Whip and going back for more 24 hours a day.
- Tiki Juice Bar - Located in Disneyland, not only can you get a Dole Whip or a Pineapple Float but you can also get a Dole Fruit Bowl or just plain ole’ Dole Pineapple Juice.
- Tamu Tamu – Located in Disney World’s Animal Kingdom, this location serves the classic pineapple Dole Whip: no swirls and no floats. On the plus side if you’re an adult you can get a shot of dark rum or coconut rum in it!
- Dole Plantation - If you happen to be in Hawaii for your next trip, stop by the The Dole Plantation for a Dole Whip. Just another excuse to visit Hawaii.