Traditional stuffing with turkey stock, cornbread, onion, and celery
- 12 cups cornbread cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups turkey stock (chicken may be substituted)
- In a preheated 400 degree oven toast bread cubes 5 to 7 minutes or until barely golden.
- In a large skillet over medium/low heat cook the garlic, onions and celery for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the bread cubes, herbs, salt, pepper, and chicken broth.
- Toss well and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Additional broth may be necessary to achieve the desired consistency.