Creamy, chocolaty peanut butter graham cracker treat
- 14-16 ounces high-quality milk chocolate (or 60% dark chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons butter flavored shortening, melted
- 6 graham crackers, halved
- 1 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave in increments of 30 seconds.
- Be very sure, especially if using the milk chocolate, that no moisture gets into the chocolate.
- Add melted shortening and stir.
- Dip the graham crackers into the melted chocolate and place on wax paper.
- Place in fridge or freezer to allow to set.
- In a bowl, combine peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, and melted butter and beat until all ingredients are completely combined.
- Allow to sit in a refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Remove graham crackers from fridge along with peanut butter mixture.
- Top graham crackers with peanut butter, about 3/4 inch high, and patted into a flat, square shape (matching the graham cracker).
- Return to fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Re-melt the chocolate.
- Remove peanut butter sandwiches from fridge and dip into the melted chocolate, being sure to cover all exposed areas of peanut butter.
- Return to waxed paper and refrigerate several hours or until firm.
- Either store in covered containers in the fridge or wrap individually with waxed paper and freeze.