Dole Whip Recipe
Magical Recipes Tip - While waiting for your Dole Whip to freeze for an hour, stand outside in the hot sun and build up a thirst like you're waiting on line for Dumbo. Go back inside and enjoy your Dole Whip. It's the next best thing to being there.
Did you know? - Though a Dole Whip has the taste and consistency of soft-serve ice cream, the dessert actually gets its texture from ordinary food thickeners. Only a small amount of the milk derivative sodium caseinate accounts for dairy content. The Dole Whip is easily the most popular Walt Disney World and Disneyland snack among big Disney fans, as it has a cult-like following. The only snack that even begins to rival the Dole Whip’s following is the recently-returned Citrus Swirl, which is also served in Adventureland in Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.
- 2 20 ounce cans Dole crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.
- Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor container; cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags and store bags flat in freezer.
- Freeze 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.
- Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream until slightly blended, in large bowl.
- Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour.
Have a photo of you enjoying a Dole Whip? Email it to me at email@example.com and I'll include it right here.