Captain Crunch Chicken Recipe
Ingredients - Chicken
- 2 cup Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 1½ cups cornflakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2lb chicken breast -cut in 1oz. tenders
- Vegetable oil for frying
Ingredients - Creole Mustard Sauce
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c Creole style mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp green onions sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic in oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped green peppers
- 1 tsp finely chopped celery
- 1 tsp finely chopped onion
Directions - Chicken
- Coarsely grind or crush the two cereals and set aside.
- Beat the egg with milk and set aside.
- Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders and black pepper.
- Set this aside also.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the seasoned flour.
- Move around to coat well, then shake off the excess flour.
- Dip into the egg wash, coating well, then dip into the cereal mixture, coating well.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet to 325 degrees F.
- Drop coated chicken tenders carefully into the hot oil and cook until golden brown and fully cooked, 3 to 5 minutes depending on size.
- Drain and serve immediately with Creole mustard sauce.
Directions - Creole Mustard Sauce
- Mix all ingredients together. Serve with Planet Hollywood Chicken.
blog comments powered by