Yakisoba Noodles with Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze
- 2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/4Tablespoon Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger, minced
- 2 1/4 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 4 Tablespoons Pineapple Juice, frozen concentrate
- Yakisoba Noodles
- Shredded Red & Green Cabbage
- Shredded Bok Cho
- Dissolve all ingredients, except cornstarch and pineapple juice, in sauce pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Make a slurry with the cornstarch and pineapple juice, and slowly add to boiling mixture to thicken.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain through fine mesh strainer.
- Saute shredded red and green cabbage and bok choy in wok.
- Add Yakisoba noodles and Pineapple glaze and toss.
What Are Yakisoba Noodles?
Yakisoba noodles are a kind of Japanese fried noodle. In fact, Yakisoba literally translated means “fried noodles”. Yakisoba was originally derived from the Chinese chow mein. While chow mein uses soy sauce, the Japanese use this noodle with a Worcestershire sauce. Yakisoba is very easy to make and you can add almost any ingredients to make it your own. Packages of yakisoba kits are even available at Asian grocery stores.