Sweet potatoes with a gratin nut mixture
- 12 oz heavy cream
- 3 oz Panko breadcrumbs
- 6 oz maple syrup
- 16 oz hazelnuts, toasted & coarsely chopped
- 3 oz unsalted butter
- 6 oz brown sugar
- 4 lbs fresh sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Peel & slice sweet potatoes.
- Place in a large bowl & set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine butter, syrup & cream.
- Stir until well blended and warmed.
- In a separate bowl, mix nuts, brown sugar, salt & breadcrumbs.
- Pour 1/3 over sweet potatoes.
- Pour 1/3 butter mixture over top and blend well.
- Place in baking dish.
- Pour remaining butter mixture over top.
- Cover with lightly oiled parchment paper.
- Bake for 60 minutes, removing parchment paper and topping with remaining nut mixture after 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.